Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Heartache

Gavin,

I was so happy to see you this morning! You walked up the stairs by yourself - like mommy and I don't like you to do - and came walking into the bathroom with a big smile on your face to greet me. I gave you a hug and kiss and put you down, and you walked off as if you had more pressing things to attend to. I can't get over how quickly you are growing up. I know in your head you think you are big, but you are such a little boy. You gave mommy and I a big hug, like you do when all of our heads touch together, and you grab our necks. I will tell you a little secret, it melts our hearts when you hug us like that. But alas, daddies have to go to work so I left. When I got to work this morning I logged into my computer like normal. A folder was open on my desktop with some photographs in it and I clicked on one we took of you about a year ago. My heart began to ache. I longed for another neck hug and a smile, but I know I have to wait till I get home to get one. So I called mommy instead and she put you on the phone, and for the first time you actually started talking to me, "hah da" you said, followed quickly by some gibberish and some high pitched words in your Daisey voice and a tiny little "dahdie" as mommy got back on the phone. I absolutely loved our little conversation and I can't wait to get home to chase you around and try to decipher some more gibberish.

I love you,
Dahdie

No comments: