Sunday, December 21, 2008

I hope you Dance

Gavin and Logan

I think alot about what kind of men I am raising. I wonder how many times I have to say something for it to stick. Will you become the men I teach you to be or the man that I am in spite of my direction. I feel like my dad still always has such great advice and I struggle to answer the questions of a 3 year old sometimes. The bitch of it is that I have always held my father in such high regard, and now that I am a man I see flaws. I feel so vulnerable knowing that my boys will one day grow up to analyze and judge me. It brings me to tears knowing that one day I will let them down either in reality or in perception. I guess that is why I write this blog. I want you guys to know where my head is at. I don't even know if thats a good thing that you know where my head is at or if the mystery of what I am thinking is better. Just know that I love you both more than life itself and would do anything to make you proud to call me daddy.

-Daddy

2 comments:

lookbeforeuleap said...

Dear Lori and Mike,

Many moons ago, Mike dropped a comment on my blog and it took me to the chronicles of Lori's pregnancy and eventually the birth of Gavin.

How time flies. It is heart warming to read the joy and laughter your children have brought into your life.

I wish you all well, and may you continue to enjoy the bliss and more beautiful moments.

Mike said...

It touches my heart that you came back to comment. Thank You.