Friday, November 18, 2005

A Little Melancholy

Even before I had my son I had thought about how little you actually influence the world. But staring at him somehow makes it so much more real. In 2 generations the only memory of me may be an old picture in a photo album that never gets opened.

Think about it...

Think about your great grandparents. Do you even know their first names? Did they think of the eventuality of you? Am I the only one who thinks about that?

Gavin, If you pass down any knowledge of me to your grandkids let it be that I loved your mother with every bit of my heart and ability, and love your wife the same.

To my forgotten forefathers Cuban and Italian who made our existance possible. Salud and Grazie.

3 comments:

Granny said...

Just came in right behind you on Blogging Baby - our Christmas experiences were remarkable similar - many years apart (I'm 67 and raising great-granddaughters.

I started my blog in September partly at the urging of friends from Blogging Baby and partly to keep a history for my kids, grandkids, great-grandkids.

Your child is lovely - haven't read past your latest post but I will. Come visit on granny if you feel like it.

Mike said...

Granny, I dropped you a line thanks for stopping by.

Well thanks for the comment Greg!

Lori said...

And let them know that your daddy is the BEST husband ever and I love him so much more :) I hope you treat you future wife as good as he treats me. I Love You!

Mommy