Wednesday, January 04, 2006

If only we knew...

I always wondered what I would be able to say to my kids that would make them say "WOW! You're old!". Well kids...I am older than the Internet. That's right; when I was a boy there was no Internet! Fancy home computers didn't exist either. The coolest electronic device we had was a calculator watch, and it was Huge. To this day I don't know what the hell the point of a calculator watch is, but the commercial made you feel like you were James Bond if you had one. James Bond did A LOT of long division right? Right?

The reason I bring up the Internet is to poorly segwey and tell another story which ties these two seemingly unrelated things together, in case you are wondering where I came up with this crackpot idea, just search the Internet for Photo Orbs. Despite it's shoddy pseudo-scientific origins this crackpot idea is one I would like to believe.

If you didn't hit the link I will sum it up for you. Have you ever taken a picture and noticed those little anomolies in the photograph they look like a little orb of light? Some Internet folk believe that those anomolies are spirits watching the person in the photograph.

Gavin hasn't had a remarkable number of these show up, but when they do I always like to think that I caught his Abuelita or his Papa spending time with him.

No comments: