Friday, January 11, 2008

Don't Be Afraid

I did not even give it a second thought. "Don't be afraid" I reassured my son who for the first time told me "I am afraid" when I put him down for a nap. "Jesus and his guardian angels are watching over you all the time. If you are ever afraid you just call out to Jesus and he will help you" I assured him. A knot began to form in my throat and tears filled my eyes. In that moment, I was 3 years old again and my mother was telling me those exact words. My little 3 year old heart took courage in what I knew to be true and I slept easy knowing Jesus would always help me. I cannot count the number of times I was afraid and called out to Jesus to save me and my fear was abolished. Now that I am older and somewhat more foolish the fact still remains. Jesus helps me when I call him and he even helps when I do not. And a simple Sunday school truth has crushed this 32 year old man because, Jesus is faithful even when I am not.

Lord forgive me for being a prideful foolish man. In the immortal words of The Polar Express. I believe.

No comments: