Friday, March 21, 2008

Heart of gold

Gavin,

The other day you were being naughty and got a swat on the butt. I think you were pretty surprised since you never get spankings, but it wasn't that suprise which struck me in the gut. You cried for a short while before approaching me. You were all teary eyed and you huged me and said, "sorry" in the way that only you can say it Sa-eee that simultaneously made me proud and broke my heart. I was humbled by that genuine display of remorse. In that one fleeting moment I was reassured why I am the proudest father ever. You heart is genuinely good and for that I cannot thank God enough. You inherited something I didn't know could be passed on through the genes...you have your mommy's heart. Have faith in the future that if you trust in God and listen to that heart, you will never be led astray.

Love
Daddy

No comments: