Tuesday, May 10, 2005

1 month 2 weeks

I know I have mentioned before that I wasn't awe struck by my sons arrival, and that still holds true, but I do find that I love him more and more each day. I had a 4 day weekend this week and I really started to enjoy being with him yesterday. Gavin is getting a little more fussy, and I can actually watch him learning how to coordinate getting his hand to his mouth. Sometimes he just punches himself in the face and I can't help but giggle. He knows Lori and I of course, and he is not phased by the occasional lick in the face by our pug Trinity. I am so happy that I am growing to love this little creature. :) He is fascinating.

Gavin and I actually played yesterday. Sort of. I put him on the play mat on his belly and let him do some baby push-ups. :) (baby sit-ups consist of him lifting his enormous head off the mat and looking around before tiring out and flopping back on the mat like a fish out of water.) He was looking around to find me and seemed puzzled when he saw me when he turned to one side but not the other.

All in all I am enjoying being a daddy, and I am taking the advice of my uncle and enjoying the Gavin I have now because I will never have this Gavin back. (This advice, incidentally, made me cry.)

1 comment:

Jessiedc28 said...

Baby sit ups help baby gas pains! Just learned that one the other day while playing with my girlfriends 2 week old baby. SO CUTE!