Thursday, July 28, 2005

17 weeks 3 days

The other day I was picking you up from your nonnies house and you were on your back on the couch and you started talking to me when I walked up. The funny thing about you talking was it wasn't the regular cooing talk, but you had this raspy sound to your voice. I thought it was funny sounding so I duplicated it and you smiled really big and let out a big laugh. It was the first time I ever heard you laugh. It was the strangest and most precious sound I had ever heard at the same time. I think it knocked my heart loose. Naturally, I continued to talk to you in the raspy throaty voice and you laughed and imitated me. Now we can't get you to stop making those noises, and last night you must have done it for 5 minutes straight I was laughing so hard my sides hurt. The important thing was we got you to laugh for mommy. She really wanted to hear you laugh and you let out a few squeals for her which made her and I very happy.

No comments: