Wednesday, April 27, 2005

1 month 1 day

I had the scare of my life tonight. (the first of many I am sure) It was about 7:30pm and I was feeling pretty sick so I was laying in bed. Lori was downstairs with the baby and he was being a bit fussy. Eventually the baby quited down and I was able to relax. All of a sudden I heard Lori call to me in her panic voice "Mike come here!". I must have flown straight form bed out the bedroom door and down the first three steps before I heard her next words "Trinity..." my heart was racing and all of my infant rescue techniques were going through my head. Respiratory failure is the number one cause of heart failure in infants. Infant airways are easily occluded. 5 to 1 compressions for infant CPR. God help me if he's not breathing... A split second later I was at the bottom of the steps, and she clarified that Trinity (our dog) was have an allergic reaction to the vaccination she got today. I about passed out from relief. For the record Trinity doesn't get her dystemper shots anymore because the last one almost killed her. We rushed to walgreens and got some Benadryl and the sweeling seems to be going down now. I guess the Benadryl and Cortizone they gave her before her Rabies shot didn't stop her from reacting.

Damn dog.

1 comment:

Jessiedc28 said...

That's a heart racer right there.