Tuesday, April 12, 2005

2 weeks old

The last 2 weeks have been pretty crazy. I have been up since 4:30 this morning "little bugger" and I was glad to do it. Lori slept like a rock after I got up with Gavin. She even slept through my alarm. Lori is the lightest sleeper I have ever met so she must have been exhausted to sleep through the alarm, poor thing.

We have been reading a book about healthy sleep habits in children and unfortunately the first month is not mentioned. :)

Even now, I have to resist the urge to call her, and see how things are going. I know she is sleeping, and she needs it.

Today is my first day at my new job, and I am becoming accustomed to how things work. I have read about a hundred emails already from the week I was gone. Sheesh! :)

3 comments:

Kaycee said...

The first month is the hardest, but much applause to you for letting her sleeP! Lord knows she won't sleep much for the next 18 years! The best to you both, keep posting!

Unknown said...

Congrats again, to you Mike and Lori!

I'm looking forward to reading about your parenthood adventures. :)

By the way, if writing in this blog helps clear your mind, please let me know how it's done. My mind hasn't been clear for nigh on a decade, at least! :)

Sugar said...

Forget wot they say in the text books and go with wot your baby needs.
He'll soon let you know his own little pattern.
i find those 'How to....' books always leave you feelin inadequate and more stressed out than you need to be.
Enjoy!
xx